Ingredients for the preparation of Dagestan kebab
- Lamb (kidney with bone and kidneys) 1.5 kilograms
- Kidneys 1 kilogram
- Wheat flour 1 tablespoon
- Onions 2-3 pieces
- Lamb fat 2-3 tablespoons
- Garlic 3-4 prongs
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Vinegar 9% table 150 milliliters or to taste
- Shredded green onions 1 tablespoon
- Dill greens chopped 1 tablespoon
- Main Ingredients: Lamb, Kidney
- Serving 4 servings
- World cuisine
Knife, Cutting board, Deep plate, Deep bowl - 2 pieces, Deep pan with a lid, Kitchen hammer, Skewer - as needed, Barbecue, Coals - 5 - 6 kilograms, Serving plate
Cooking Dagestan kebab:
Step 1: selection and preparation of meat.Peel the garlic and onions from the husk with a knife, rinse under running water. Chop the garlic finely on a cutting board and mix with salt, chop onion into large rings thick up to 2 centimeters and put in a deep plate. Rinse the meat with the kidneys under running water, lay on a cutting board, cut the kidneys and put them in a separate deep bowl, take them later. Separate the meat from the vertebral bone with a knife with two continuous layers, clean with a knife from the films, veins and fat. Divide them by 4 long pieces and lightly beat off with a fine-mesh kitchen hammer. Rub them with salt mixed with garlic, black pepper, drizzle with vinegar and put in a deep pan, shifting each layer with chopped onions. Cover the pot with meat and leave the meat to marinate on 3 to 4 hours. It is not necessary to put it in the refrigerator, it can be infused at room temperature.
Step 2: preparing the kidneys.
Step 3: prepare the Dagestan kebab.Remove the pickled pieces of meat from the marinade, peel them from the onion, lay them on a cutting board and cut across in several places, this process is necessary so that the meat does not deform during frying. Heat a piece of meat on 2 paired skewers, sprinkle with flour and lay on a heated smoking brazier with well-melted coals. Make sure that the coals are glowing, and not burn with open fire, otherwise the kebab will turn out to be very fried or even burnt. Put the kidneys on a separate skewer, sprinkle with flour and lay next to the meat on the grill. Cook kebab approximately 15 - 20 minutes turning it from side to side for uniform frying, inside the meat should be pink with eye-catching light pink juice. Periodically pour water into the coals in order to stand out as many acroleins as possible, which give the meat a breathtaking taste and aroma. Remove the prepared meat with a knife from a skewer, lay on a plate, lay a kidney next to it and decorate the dish with fresh dill, green onions and fresh vegetables. If desired, pickled onions can be fried in a pan or stewed with vegetables, which are part of the sauce.
Step 4: serve the Dagestan kebab.Dagestan kebab served hot on a plate with skewer or meringue. A sauceboat with vegetable sauce or hot adjika is placed next to it. The dish is decorated with sprigs of green dill, parsley, basil, cilantro and fresh vegetables. This dish is best enjoyed with real home-made semi-sweet white grape wine or homemade grape juice. Tasty and chic! Enjoy your meal!
- - If you make Dagestan kebab at home. String the pickled meat on skewers or wooden sticks. Fry in a pan to a light crust, and bring to readiness in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees for 30 minutes. Fry the kidneys in a frying pan with pickled onions, mutton fat cut off from the kidneys and meat. First put the kebab on the dish, on top of the kidney and sprinkle with chopped dill and green onions.
- - To prepare the sauce you will need pickled onions, sweet bell pepper 2 pieces, tomatoes 2 pieces, lime 1 piece, apple 1 piece, sweet bell pepper 1 piece, olive oil, your favorite vegetable spices, salt and ground black pepper. Peel all the ingredients from the peel, rinse, cut 1 x 1 centimeter into a medium cube and simmer in olive oil 15 to 20 until half-cooked, cool, season with salt and pepper and serve with barbecue.
- - For this type of barbecue, you can pick up any set of spices you like for meat dishes.