Ingredients for making filo pastry baskets
- Filo dough (exhaust) 3 sheets 20 by 40 centimeters
- Olive oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Main ingredients
- Serving 8 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Plastic wrap, Refrigerator, Cutting board - 2 pieces, Small bowl, Baking brush, Muffin mold, Oven, Round knife, Kitchen towel, Fork, Metal wire rack, Tray
Making baskets from filo pastry:
Step 1: defrost the dough.Hungarian filo pastry is a common unleavened pastry, which the cook’s craftsmen roll out almost to transparency or to a thickness of a sheet of paper. Of course, you can cook it at home, but for this you need to be an expert in cooking, so the easiest option is to purchase this flour semi-finished product in a supermarket, but even with such a test you must be able to handle it correctly! There are always 10 sheets of filo dough in the package and for starters it should be thawed. But since all the sheets for the preparation of baskets are not needed, we get 3 sheet, carefully wrap them in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator on 12-24 hours until completely defrosted. Then we transfer the almost melted dough to a cutting board and maintain it at room temperature for at least 1 hour, otherwise it may break or break during cutting. Per 25-30 minutes before the dough is used, turn on and preheat the oven up to 170 degrees Celsius.
Step 2: prepare the dough for slicing.
Step 3: we form baskets from the filo dough.
Step 4: bake baskets from filo pastry.After all the baskets have been formed, we check whether the oven is preheated to the desired temperature, set the mold in it with a dough for the middle rack and bake the flour products 10 - 12 minutes or until a golden blush. After the required time, remove the form with baskets from the oven, holding it with a kitchen towel, and put on a cutting board. We give the baskets the opportunity to cool down a bit. Then, carefully remove them from the mold cells with a fork, transfer the flour products to a metal wire rack, cool to room temperature, fill with a sweet or spicy filling and serve.
Step 5: serve the baskets from the filo dough.
- - Wet fillings should be put in baskets 1 - 2 minutes before serving.
- - Filo pastry baskets can be baked in advance, for example, 1 month before use. But the main thing to remember is that these flour products are afraid of moisture, so they must be stored in a hermetically sealed plastic container at room temperature.
- - In order that during the work with the test it does not dry out, it is advisable to cover the sheets that are waiting in line with a damp but not wet kitchen towel or linen towel.
- - For melting, you can use melted butter instead of olive oil.
- - If you are preparing baskets for a sweet table. You can sprinkle layers of dough with sugar, cinnamon or vanilla sugar. If you cook them for spicy toppings, then layers of dough can be sprinkled with herbs, such as Italian or allspice.
- - Instead of muffin molds, you can use muffin molds or one-time baskets made of aluminum foil for baking.
- - If you thawed all the filo dough, but to prepare a dish you only need a few sheets, immediately after you put off the amount of dough you need, pack the residue and send it to the refrigerator, otherwise the dough will dry and break.