Ingredients for Chakhokhbili Chicken
Ingredients for cooking Chakhokhbili from chicken:
- Chicken 1 pc.
- Onion 6 pcs.
- Tomatoes 1 kg.
- Tomato juice (or adjika) 1 cup
- Olive oil 3 tbsp. spoons
- Parsley 1 bunch
- Dill 1 bunch
- Thyme dry 1 tbsp. a spoon
- Dry cilantro (or 1 bunch of fresh) 1 tbsp. a spoon
- Dry basil (or 1 bunch fresh) - 1 tbsp. spoon to taste
Spices and seasonings:
- Red pepper 1 tbsp. a spoon
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Mint 0.5 tbsp. spoons
- Tarragon 0.5 tbsp. spoons
- Coriander seeds 1 tsp
- Suneli 1 tsp
- Saffron 1 teaspoon
- Main Ingredients Tomato, Chicken
- Serving 6 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Cutting Board, Knife, Frying Pan or Stewpan, Casserole, Bowl, Plates, Cutlery
Cooking Chakhokhbili from chicken:
Step 1: Special chicken processing.Well-fed young chicken from about a kilogram to a half in weight must first be thoroughly washed in water. If time allows you, you can even soak it for 10 minutes. Next, with a sharp large knife for meat, cut it into small parts: remove the fillet and breast, then cut off the wings and drumstick. Subsequently, we separate the hips, and divide the remaining dorsal part into 4 parts. The specificity of chakhokhbili is that the bird is cooked in its own juice, without the addition of oil or water. But for this we need a pan with a thick bottom or stewpan. A cauldron may come up. We put the chicken pieces in a very hot pan, reduce the heat to a minimum and fry the meat for 5 minutes under the lid. It is important to carefully monitor that it does not burn. Although it should be well browned and put out a little. Next, remove the lid and, adding a little water, fry the meat for another 10 minutes.
Step 2: Add vegetables and spices.
Step 4: Serve Chakhokhbili from chicken.In the end, we’ll blow meat and add salt to the sauce. If necessary, add more to taste. We insist when the fire is off, the dish in the covered state for another 5 minutes. Serve with a slice of lemon and decorate with a sprig of greenery. As a side dish, mashed potatoes or rice are good. Good appetite!
- - If you do not have several seasonings available, then you can cook chakhokhbili without them. Often in shops you can see a Georgian mixture of spices. Pay attention to it, most often they have most of the additives indicated in the recipe.
- - If you use adjika in cooking, then consider its severity. You may need to add a little less pepper or garlic. Try the dish all the time and be guided by everything else with your individual taste and preferences in food.
- - Chakhokhbili from chicken is perfect as a roast on a casual table, and also fits well into the holiday menu. Moreover, such meat is easily digestible and rather low in calories. In this regard, it can often be used in your diet.