Ingredients for Mushroom Caviar
- Fresh mushrooms 1 kg
- 1 carrot
- Onion 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil 100 ml.
- Tomato paste 2 tbsp. spoons
- Dry white wine 2 tbsp. spoons
- Garlic 5 cloves
- Pepper, salt to taste
- Main Ingredients Mushrooms
- Serving 4 servings
Inventory:Saucepan, Frying pan with lid, Meat grinder, Bowl, Colander, Wooden spoon
Cooking caviar from mushrooms:
Step 1: boil the mushrooms.Soak the mushrooms for half an hour in salted water, then rinse, clean if necessary. Fill them with water and put on a small fire. After boiling, remove the foam. Our mushrooms should be boiled for 25-30 minutes, periodically stirring with a wooden spoon and removing the foam. They are considered ready when they settle to the bottom. In this case, the mushroom mass is boiled about twice, so we get 500 grams of boiled mushrooms.
Step 2: prepare the vegetables.
Step 3: pass through a meat grinder.We boil the boiled mushrooms into a colander and let the remaining broth drain. While the mushrooms are still hot, we pass them through a meat grinder. We also twist the garlic, chopped carrots and fried onions. You can also chop the mushrooms finely with a knife.
Step 4: fry the caviar.We spread the twisted mushrooms, carrots and onions into a deep pan, add the remaining vegetable oil and fry for 10-15 minutes. Add tomato paste, dry white wine, salt and pepper to your taste. Cover the frying pan with a lid and simmer over low heat for 40 minutes. Caviar often needs to be stirred so that it is evenly put out.
Step 5: serve to the table.Mushroom caviar can be served as a hot or cold appetizer. And also such caviar is perfect instead of paste. Serve caviar in a deep saucer, adding herbs, or simply sprinkle with herbs on top. Enjoy your meal!
- - Such caviar from mushrooms can be harvested for the future; in this case, caviar should be prepared without tomato paste, and before packing, add vinegar and mix well. Jars of mushroom caviar will stand all winter.
- - The most delicious mushroom caviar is obtained from dried mushrooms, although frozen mushrooms can also be used.
- - if the caviar is made from dried porcini mushrooms, boletus or boletus, the mushrooms are soaked for 10 hours, the infusion is filtered through several layers of gauze and the mushrooms are boiled on this infusion to preserve the mushroom taste.
- - As an alternative to a meat grinder, you can take a blender.